Our home visit is this Sunday. I know I've read that our social worker is here to help us bring our baby home, and although Jenna, our social worker, has told me not to be nervous, there's nothing like your house, you, and your children being under the microscope. I've always thought we were OK, lived in a clean, safe home, had a great marriage, but I guess this is where the rubber meets the road! I've cleaned the ceiling fans, windows, and baseboards so far. You must understand that I leave these three items only for visiting dignitaries, heads of state, and other notables, so to accomplish that feat without the fanfare is, well....a feat! How often do you clean the tops of your baseboards? The area where dirt, fuzz, and splashed Coke seem to find a permanent resting spot? I was debating the whole ceiling fan thing, and then I had a vision of a pile of our dirt flying loose off the ceiling fan and landing on Jenna's papers as she writes. The thought did cross my mind to just not turn on the ceiling fans, but then you would be able to actually see the lint and cobwebs hanging from the fan blades. If they're rotating at a high speed, optically they look clean. Right now I am seriously disappointed that I did not purchase that portable steam sanitizer. I could be strapping that thing on and killing all the micro-organisims growing on my toilets. I know that I know that Jenna is not going to take a some kind of black light and peer into the bowl of my toilet, or will she? I used to be an infomercial junkie, and I really just enjoyed watching those things more than anything, but after a few late night purchases, I realized that they were made of cheap plastic and were grossly overrated. However, I do remember thinking when I watched that lady clean her sink, toilet, and shower door with the portable Steam Saver Whatever that could certainly come in handy! Little did I know...
Loving you guys and joining you in prayers for your sweet boy! :)
ReplyDelete