When Love Takes You In

Monday, January 11, 2010

Moscow, here we come!


Well, not right now, but our passports arrived today! I have to take back every nasty thing I've ever said about the government's inability to do much in a speedy and streamline fashion. Maybe the streamline comment still stands, but they did process our passports in two weeks, and that was without us expediting them! The government website quoted a 4-6 week turn around. A big thank you and kudos to them! That was one of the things we had to have in order to submit our mini dossier to Russia.
The whole adoption thing has become very real over the last two weeks as we are dropping money like crazy--a couple of thousands to our agency, passport fees, $870 for USICS I-600A app and biometric fingerprints, and this weekend our homestudy fee will be due. After this first rush we should have a break to catch a breather...at least on the money thing. The paper chase is just beginning though!

No comments:

Post a Comment