When Love Takes You In

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Getting verbal

(Oooooo...this new blogger posting is awesome!)

I am amazed at Andrei's vocabulary lately.  I think he is going to be as verbal (but definitely LOUDER than) as his big sister Annsley.  Although his mommy and daddy can only understand most of his words, here's the short run down right now:
  • uh-oh (pronounced ahhh-ahhhh)
  • thank you (pronounced da-noo)
  • snack (pronounced ack)
  • duck (pronounced duh)
  • hat (pronounced hat!) He puts his hand on his head any time he sees a hat--any time.  He's obsessed with them. 
  • milk (pronounced mmmm)
He is really getting into his foods.  He must be going through a growth spurt because his pickiness has waned lately.  New favs? Watermelon and macaroni and cheese!  All we hear through lunch and dinner is "ummmm" every time he takes a bite! He very rarely drops food off the high chair.  I guess I trained him rather well during my "funk" and not having much patience with him. When his little hand starts to hold food he doesn't want to eat off the side of his highchair, I just say, "Andrei, food stays on your tray."  He looks at me and puts it down.  I can't tell you how nice it is not to have to mop the floor after every meal like I did with Annsley and Kennedi.  In fact, with Annsley, she was a food thrower.  When she was finished, if I didn't get to the high chair on time, she was slinging whatever was left on the tray.  I got so tired of scraping green beans and spaghetti off my blinds that I put up plastic drop cloths over the windows and walls of our dining room.  It was a nice decorator's touch.  I was really thinking that I had started something, but alas, it didn't catch on with the fashionistas of the world.

Happy 4th of July to everyone out there.  We, of course, are fireworkless (yes, new word there) due to our incredible drought, but to those of you with rain....light a sparkler for me!

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the new pictures of him on your blog! He is the most adorable little thing!!! I wanted a brown-eyed baby so much, but our referral was a blonde, blue-eyed Russian little girl. I remember thinking, I can't turn down this referral for eye color, since we flew over here to meet her, but boy am I jealous of you! Glad to hear things are going better, he is just the cutest thing!!!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vocabulary list...I used to post about the silly ways the boys pronounced things, and I'm so glad I did. I love looking back at them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we both have a lot of noise going on in our homes!!! Hayden is a chatterbox and uses many of the same phrases as Andrei! Everyday is very entertaining to say the least!

    ReplyDelete