When Love Takes You In

Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Sisters--I've Had It! If I only weighed 20 more pounds...."

Andrei's emotions are drawing closer to a normal toddler these days. He is starting to get down right hacked off when one of his sisters takes something away from him that he is playing with. He lets them know in no uncertain babbling that their actions were not cool! Our pediatrician had asked if he got upset when something was taken away from him, and we had to say no. He never uttered a word or changed facial expressions. Not any more! This week he has begun showing jealousy (for lack of a better word??) whenever Annsley or Kennedi is sitting in Doug or my lap. He throws himself on us--literally--and starts crying and trying to push the "obtrusive girl" off the lap. He gets particularly upset with Kennedi. He's turned into this little scrapper! Quite frankly, Kennedi and Andrei have been having their share of jealousy issues with one another. Kennedi has always had them since we brought Andrei home, and I think that Andrei is comfortable enough now that he is "fighting back". It's interesting watching them. They are like two 3 year olds--twins--fighting like two duct taped skunks under a bed sheet. Are you kidding me??? I really thought that they'd be far enough apart in age that I wouldn't have to deal with this. Funny. Not. Her response lately any time he starts crying, which seems to be a lot lately in efforts to get picked up--is, "I didn't touch him!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Stars. Those sidebar photos are amazing. I love the data base shot, it says "you better be ready!"

    Glad to hear Andrei is developing all those lovely toddler hood behaviors and you are getting "de funked" :-)

    ReplyDelete