When Love Takes You In

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Done!



We've been waiting, waiting, waiting on our home study documents and they arrived this morning!!Dossier #2 is complete and as I am writing this, Doug is driving across town to deliver it to the only Fed Ex office that has a 5:00 Saturday drop off. First stop: AUSTIN, TX!


Yes, you are looking at 142 pieces of paper x 2 for a grand total of 284 sheets of paper--and that is not including the documents our adoption agency will include when this monstrosity reaches Wyoming. Our region requires two dossiers which explains the ream of paper you're looking at. Again, we are using Capitol Courier to hand deliver them to the SOS office Monday, and our apostilled documents should be heading to our adoption agency Monday evening! We're using a courier service because the turn around if we mailed them to the Secretary of State's office is approximately 14 days; walk-ins are processed immediately; depending on how long the courier has to stand in line, it will cost us approximately $30--well worth it to speed up the process!

A special thank you goes out to Loritta who notarized close to 30 documents for us this week. Thank you! Thank you! She thought I was kidding when I told her I had a small forest for her to sign.

So, now we wait some more. Please join us in prayer as we pray for expedient delivery of our documents, that our documents will be acceptable as is to all involved (the person who apostilles them, our judge, etc.), and we will have favor with our judge for an early February court date. We have two documents that expire mid February, so we'll need our court date before they expire. Our little boy is having his first birthday in February and it would be the best birthday present in the world to celebrate it in the US. Thirdly, and while a bit vain it is important...we need to get back to Russia quickly before they cut his hair. I was amazed at how much hair he had grown between his referral picture and our 1st visit. If his hair continues to grow at that rate, he's going to be needing a hair cut one of these days, and I'd prefer to have him miss out on the Russian orphanage barber speciality.

3 comments:

  1. hehe, I second the avoiding the orphanage haircut speciality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least your kid has hair. :) In August our 14 month old just had fuzz.

    Have they told you how long translation takes? For us it was about three weeks then we had to wait on the release letter from Moscow. Then they schedule a court date. For us the court date was about three weeks from the release letter.
    Some judges, so I hear, don't like documents near when they are going to expire. Plus it can be expensive to ship random updates to Siberia, then to just send it all at once. Our marriage license was going to expire in February, we have an end of January court date and just went ahead and got new marriage licenses. It's crazy, but I don't want to give the judge any excuse not to "like" us.
    Prayer that it goes smoothly and as close to the "plan" as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trisha, Don't know about how long it takes to translate, but we did ask our agency about whether to send the original homestudy about to expire or our update, and they thought the original was the way to go, so I'm assuming they think we should get a court date fairly quickly. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete