When Love Takes You In

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Shower of Blessings








Doug's faculty and staff gave us the most wonderful baby shower Wednesday afternoon. I was totally overwhelmed at their generosity. It is truly humbling to think that others are so excited for our family! Thank you so much! Doug and I are awed and so grateful! Dump trucks, balls, pajamas, Oh My!We were given some of the cutest boy clothes I've seen. Boy clothes have come a long way in just the last few years I must say! (A note about one of the dump trucks--My husband is a humongous OU fan; so much so that I am forced to root for any team that plays them just because he is so obnoxious. When we were dating and our first year of marriage, I had to watch the Barry Switzer Show--bigger, faster, stronger--Go OU every week. Thank the Lord we moved back to Texas where it wasn't available. He prides himself in playing the OU fight song on Fridays over the intercom. The majority of his teachers are Texas Tech grads, so they love being serenaded that way I'm sure. As pay back, one teacher gave us a beautiful burnt orange Univ. of Texas toddler shirt with "A New Year--A New Attitude" on it. He'll wear it with pride, trust me! I noticed this afternoon when I was unpacking the toys that the teacher who gave us the truck decorated it with Texas A&M stickers!! I'm not an A&M fan, but way to go Mrs. Sanders!!)


The girls were so excited as well. They claimed the stuffed giraffes as their own, but I decided to confiscate them this afternoon after thinking I might be calling National Home Health Care to send out a neck brace for the giraffes after a 4 and 6 year old play with them. Besides, Kennedi has been swiping the scissors and practicing her new found skills on her sister's Snoopy, her own hair, and our cat's whiskers. (Her father told her that he knew she had great scissor skills in the fact that Mickey still had both eyes intact.) They're kinda bummed about having to make do with their "old" toys, but I think they'll manage. Finding a place to put everything was a challenge today. All the diapers and wipes are under Kennedi's bed with the strict instructions of she is not to touch them. We'll see how that goes... Annsley was trying to get a grasp on this whole "shower" thing and how we weren't going to get wet, and I was trying to explain that it was a blessing for us to have presents raining down on you. So, at the shower, she gave Doug and I each a gift of her own that she had "wrapped" earlier that afternoon. Priceless!

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet of his coworkers to do. What a great group they must be to work with. Hopefully very soon you will be able to put those new items to very good use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing (and what a beautiful cake!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! School showers are so much fun! And, so Yummy too!!

    ReplyDelete