Surprisingly, waiting for the news of our court date has been relatively easy for me--until this morning. I'm not sure why--I think it's because it is totally out of my hands right now. I couldn't make FedEx or DHL get it there faster; I couldn't speed up the process of getting our dossier translated, etc. I've looked at it as a breather actually; there have been days when I haven't even thought about adoption paperwork! My little hiatus ended this morning about 10:00.
I've mentioned the Russian home study black list before...(read The Black List Panic of 2010). MOE isn't very methodical about when they get the new lists out; this latest update was the first one in 6 months. The new update came out last week. I noticed a few people discussing it on the Russian adoption yahoo group, but I didn't think too much about it. I figured my home study agency wasn't on it--hadn't been the entire time of our adoption journey, certainly it wasn't going to start now with us at the end of our road. For whatever reason, this morning I thought I'd check it out just for kicks. And there it was...our home study agency was on the black list!! Are you kidding me????? And it's the day before we are to get our court date!!!! I quickly contact our home study agency; our social worker apparently has already been working on it trying to contact MOE and the region who "turned them in" as their records show them and everyone up to date with all reports. She was finally able to make some headway this afternoon, and it seems that our home study agency was put on the list by mistake (something that I understand happens quite frequently). Because of the time difference, she won't have confirmation of that until tomorrow, so we wait. I have no idea how this will affect us getting a court date. Our coordinator was to submit the papers on Wednesday, which is actually tonight here in the US, so I'm thinking we'll hear something one way or another. We were expecting to have our court date scheduled tomorrow, but we'll see now. I don't know how it all gets cleared up in the Russian paperwork, but I know it will-- somehow, some way, and in a most timely manner. Our family has favor, and I will not allow satan to affect my faith! So, tune in tomorrow!
This whole black list thing really angers me in the fact that if Russia is going to make it such a big deal and basically nullify your home study if your agency is on the list, then they need to double and triple check any names that get put on there. We little pre-adoptive parents don't need this stress in our lives!
On a totally unrelated topic, when I went back to find the 2010 Panic post to link it, I scanned another entry I had written that same month too. Last night, I was up several hours throwing up. When I got back to bed the first time, would anyone care to guess what the question was my husband asked me??? See here if you don't know the answer. I just answered, "I don't know." I wasn't even going to entertain him with a run down of my menu for the last 24 hours. He's still trying to convince me tonight that it was the chili I ate. I just look at him. There isn't much more I can do.
A soft re-entry
7 years ago


Hang in there....I am feeling for you right now! I am staying tuned...praying for a answer to prayer post tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI went and checked and our agency is on there also. We've got time, praying for you!
ReplyDeleteMay it just go as planned. I have lots of free time these days and that will be my prayer for your process.
ReplyDeleteRussia is so fussy.
Side note.
I met a Russian the other day that is in the process of adopting a 8 year old. I asked her how long it will have taken by the time she is finished, figuring it was quicker for Russian to adopt a Russian. 11 months. Shorter than our adoption journeys but still so long. All along I thought we were being "picked" on, nope they are fussy towards everyone.
This happened to us with Blake's adoption as well. It is really a pain to deal with but it got fixed really quickly. Any delay though is too much! I can't seem to get the list to open on my computer so I have no idea if our agency is on there or not. Do you have a file you can email me? If not, that's ok. I'm sure I will hear soon enough if we are on 'the list'! Can't wait to hear when that court date is!
ReplyDeleteCan you please tell me the name of the booklet yu reccomended on Post Adoption Depression and where ti find it.
ReplyDeleteAlso would you know a resurce to contact to clear the name of an agency black listed in Russia?
You can email me at beverleylewin@sbcglobal.net
Thanks so much.