The thought of leaving in 7 days is starting to wig me out to say the least. How's my list going? Great! It keeps getting longer every day--not shorter. It's having a grand time--me, not so much. Being gone for 3 weeks is considerably different than being gone a week--and I just thought that was bad. I didn't know how good I had it. I decided last night that I am now going to concentrate on one area at a time. So, the next few days will only be consumed with stuff to be in Russia. I will then move on to getting the girls' stuff ready while we're gone, then the baby stuff into Kennedi's room, and finally getting my house clean. I know what you're thinking, but I have to do the whole house cleaning thing. It's inbred in me--blame my mother.
Today is the first day without -25 wind chill. The -3 temps we had this morning actually felt a bit balmy if I don't say so. It's amazing how your perception will change. Doug asked me the other morning if I wanted to volunteer to help his teachers out with morning duty so I could try out my new coat. Uhmmmm..."Thank you Doug for asking me to be a vital part of your science experiment, but NO!" The weather is playing havoc with my online orders, Visas, and that little home study "update" that hasn't arrived yet. The home study update was sent out Monday Fed Ex from Dallas and never made it any further until last night. It should be here today and maybe the Visas will be here today or tomorrow at the latest. Amazon sent me an email letting me know that two of my orders are delayed because of the storm. Those were filled with baby stuff--frustrating to say the least.
Our little boy already has two pieces of clothing that our girls didn't have at 12 months old. I bought a snow suit off Ebay for $4.99--I think it's been worn once--it looks brand new. And he has a pair of shoes. My girls were literally barefoot until about 15 or so months. Even to church--barefoot little princesses they were. I figure the Russians might frown on the the whole "just socks" issue, so I found the cutest little shoes for him to sport while in country.
Aren't they adorable?!!


Too funny about cleaning the whole house before you leave . . . I thought I was the only one who did that! Nice to know I am not alone! :)
ReplyDeleteNot much longer until you leave and get to see your baby boy! Hurray!
Haha...I just cleaned ours yesterday (having two snow days was such a blessing!). Glad I am not alone!!!!
ReplyDeleteHoping you get everything that you want to get done in the next 7 days so you can enjoy every moment with your little boy!!!! So exciting!
So sorry we didn't get to visit yesterday. JJ's appointment was at 2:00pm and our phones were on the fritz so I couldn't call you. Maybe we will get to see you after you bring your little one home. It is so wonderful and nerve wracking at the same time. Oh, I never want to come home to a dirty house. It is just one less thing to hassle with after a trip.
ReplyDelete