When Love Takes You In

Friday, November 12, 2010

Wacky Weather

Uhmmm, how do I say this kindly....THE WEATHERMAN MISSED IT! We had the potential for a "few showers and a light dusting of snow". Doug took the girls to a play-off football game last night and so I took the opportunity to go to Wal-Mart and push the cart in silence. Not 10 minutes later I heard torrential downpour on Wal-Mart's roof. I was soaked, literally, by the time I got my car loaded. I called Doug on the way home and asked him where he was. Surely he wasn't still at the game with my children! Of course they were. I asked if it was raining. He said, "Hey, we're boy scouts. Don't worry about it. Go home and go to bed." And I heard in the background, "We love you Mom and giggles!" and then he hung up on me. My husband tends to do that when he doesn't want to hear the wisdom of his wife. (He needs to brush up on the boy scout manual as everybody showed up dripping wet despite a field trip to Big Lots for umbrellas before the game...)

All night long we had downpour with thunder and lightening . I mean serious thunder that rocked the house. All night long. Lightening that lit up the entire house. All night long. The kind of storm we have in spring and early summer--not November. And when I finally got out of bed at 5:30 we had snow on the ground. Not a light dusting. It seems that we have had nearly 6 inches. It is still coming down. Big, huge flakes.

I say all this because quite frankly I was starting to get a bit concerned that I was going to have a hard time getting acclimated to Siberia in the winter. We've had nearly 80 degree temps, and it's the middle of November. Finally some cold weather so I can start to grow some fur...

3 comments:

  1. I got caught out in it too! What a crazy morning. The kid's were going wild with excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our kids were so excited. Ryan said, "Addie, God answered my prayers for snow. Remember I prayed for snow yesterday?" I'm really glad God answered his prayer! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh. . .but that Siberian weather can change in an instant. . .tomorrow it might be 0 for a high! We were there the end of November and then again the middle of March to the Middle of April. . .COLD! SNOWY!! And my husband said, sure! We can adopt from Russia as long as we don't go to Siberia in the winter! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete