I got an update from our case worker this morning. Two of the three families in front of us have received their referrals. Yikes! It's really happening! One more to go and we're up. Isn't this what is called "on deck"? (I'm not a baseball fan, so forgive me. My husband keeps telling me what an exciting game it is, but I have yet to witness it.)
We're still discussing the whole name thing although we are getting closer...well, until one of us adds another one in the hat. Take one off the roster and add one in its place seems to be the theme, but there are a few that seem to remain on the list. We will get there before we leave--whenever that may be.
My husband, the self proclaimed comic, thinks the whole name business is such a breeding ground for shock and horror. If you ask him today what names we're considering, (and remember, we're not sharing these names anyway...) his stock answer will probably be, "Why yes, we've decided. It's my all time favorite boy name--Boliver." He can say it with a straight, serious face and the poor soul listening gets this odd twitch to his face. A few seconds pass by while he processes that, and then asks incredulously, "Really?" Doug's response is simply, "Yes, don't you like it?" People who don't know him very well will then be sucked into his facade of the history and importance of the name Boliver unless I am standing there shaking my head. When we were having our home study visit, our social worker asked how we planned to incorporate our son's culture and heritage into our lives. I, being the thoughtful one, mentioned maintaining bits of Russian language, food, noting Russian holidays, etc. Doug tells her, "Well, we might name him Russian" (he pronounced it Rush-awn).
A soft re-entry
7 years ago


Very exciting news!!! Get ready because when you get that call your world turns into a wirlwind!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keeping our fingers crossed that the call comes very soon!!!
ReplyDeleteYa, for getting closer!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! I still can't believe we're on the other side of the adventure. Enjoy every moment.
ReplyDelete