When Love Takes You In

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Do-over!

Apparently, it is true. I have heard the rumors about how "flighty" the Russian officials can be during the adoption process, and now we can say we have been on the receiving end of their fickleness. Joylyn, our dossier specialist, emailed me this afternoon to let me know that we are needing to redo a document. The inspector wants the agency cooperative agreement form on plain white paper--not agency letterhead. Yes, you read that right. They want it on the cheap stuff. This is something new I gather. I've emailed the form to Jenna because our home study agency will have to sign and notarize it, and I'm having her mail it directly to WCS to save time. Our agency can have it apostilled in their state since they will have to sign it as well.

I'm not quite sure where this puts us in the process...are we no longer registered until Russia gets this document, or are we registered but the process is on hold until Russia gets this piece of plain white paper, or are we registered and the process is moving along in spite of not having this piece of paper?--wishful thinking on my part I'm sure. Nonetheless, I'm excited to think that our paperwork is halfway around the world and somebody I don't know is sifting through it. All that means is we are one day closer to meeting our little boy!

2 comments:

  1. Just stopped by your blog for first time! We adopted our son from Kras. in December 2008. Our blog title is about the same as yours (we've blogged since 2007).

    God bless you,

    heather
    www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw on your timeline that you were registered in Krasnoyarsk (Kras for short) on our 2 year anniversary of court! Congratulations! And, yes, I think you are still registered and moving with just a minor hiccup of needing a piece of paper corrected. That's all. . .Been there, done that! : ) God Bless and Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete