
I've been using the Corn Huskers Lotion as recommended by many a lay fingerprintee...I feel the need to comment. Quite frankly, I've found it to be amazing. Where I live is so incredibly dry--it's not uncommon for our dew points to be in the single digits--and my hands often look like snake scales and my fingertips have been known to crack. I've used Vaseline, Creamy Vaseline, store brand stuff, lanolin, you name it. Although those things helped, I couldn't grip my hair dryer to dry my hair because of the grease that was all over my hands. Corn Huskers lotion has no oil, and I referenced it to being made in the 1860s or something--probably not a reality there. The only 2 things I recognize on the list of ingredients is water and glycerin. I have serious doubts that calcium alginate was being sold out the the backs of covered wagons then. And no, I'm not going to do the research to find out when it was originally made, but feel free to take that task upon yourself! This lotion looks like it is a spawn of New England clam chowder and aloe vera gel. You will have to get past the smell though. It's like a mix of Noxema and Merle Norman cold cream that fermented just a little too long outside one day. The nice thing about it is though, once it has dried, the smell disappears for the most part. All I know is that I'll be keeping this stuff in my repertoire--even when I don't have an FBI fingerprint appointment in my foreseeable future.
That little "do-over" document arrived here Saturday from our home study agency. It is now on it's way to Austin to get apostilled. Our adoption agency decided the Wyoming wouldn't apostille it since it would have a TX notary signature on it as well, so Capitol Courier will be running another errand to the SOS for me. I didn't use FedEx this morning. I cheaped out and used the United States Post Office. (Does the sight of USPS workers conjure up images from that movie Men in Black or is that just me?) The "man" behind the desk guaranteed me it will be there by 12:00 tomorrow--$7 cheaper and only 2 hours later than FedEx. I am having the courier service use FedEx to get the form to our adoption agency however. It was just easier since I already have a FedEx account, and I know that whatever time the courier drops it off, it will be in Wyoming before 10:00 on Thursday at the latest.
Tomorrow is our exciting field trip to Lubbock!


My grandma used to use Cornhuskers lotion all the time. Is it still a really thick snotty consistency?? I might need to use it for my dry skin. I can't find anything to really help. I am the alligator type myself :)
ReplyDelete