When Love Takes You In

Monday, March 29, 2010

Throwback to Lee Majors

We've crossed our first snag in quest of Dossier #2. Our accountant informed us he can't help us with our adoption. He says he doesn't peer review??? He says that it would require him to have a special license, have a firm come in an audit his work, etc. He's just a tax shop; he doesn't sign off on financial statements and such. I really don't understand it all, but I'm not in the accounting world, so maybe there is such a thing. He's a nice guy, we've used him for nearly 15 years, and I'm sure he would help out if he could. So, Doug has a new assignment since he finished his first two in stellar time (his employment letter and obligation of insurance letter). He is now tracking down a CPA who doesn't do our taxes who will sign off on our financial statements. Thankfully, he personally knows several, so surely his diligence will pay off. Scratch that---his diligence WILL pay off. Oh, the power of your words!

Our realtor is going to attempt to come "inspect" our house tomorrow, so she can sign off on her documents for us. Once we get the CPA and realtor documents, we're finished with what we can do on the dossier for right now. The other documents will have to be worked on when we receive our referral as they will expire in 3 months, and they have to be good on our court date.

And now for some super good news...We have a biometrics fingerprint appointment in Lubbock! (Yes, we have to drive 2 hours--I was expecting that, so that's OK. Doug still can't figure out why the sheriff's office here can't do them.) The word biometrics makes me think of "The Six Million Dollar Man" and the "Bionic Woman"--I'm not sure why. (Am I showing my age??) I'm half expecting Dr. Rudy Wells to be ready to inundate me with some top secret never before revealed technology. "Biometrics" sounds so official--definitely a government word. The efficiency of our federal government continues to amaze me. My letter arrived Saturday with my scheduled appointment--April 13 at 11:00AM. Doug's arrived today, same appointment time. Same address, same appointment time, two letters. Thankfully our scheduled date is not during TAKS test week, or we'd have to reschedule. The sooner we can get this taken care of, the sooner we can receive our I-171H approval form--we won't be bringing anyone home without that piece of paper! And remember the little thing about my name missing from an earlier post? I now have my last name added, but it's misspelled. And now Doug's last name is misspelled too. Lovely.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the fingerprint appt! Booo to the tax guy! Glad things are moving along for you guys. We finally have our homestudy on Thursday. I am so ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to follow your story!!!!! I wonder how far Krasnoyarsk is from Chita?We loved Siberia!!!I want to go back to Russia !!!!!

    ReplyDelete