When Love Takes You In

Thursday, March 25, 2010

You snooze, You lose!

I've been busy working on our main dossier papers this week. I've sent the forms to our realtor and accountant...contacted or visited various county clerk's offices in Texas--with 2 children in tow who were absolutely fascinated by all the computers in one room--and of course, we had to sit down in front of one and there was only one chair--for me--and they of course were rather put out about that and let me and the nice lady helping me know their feelings about the red carpet not being rolled out for "little ol' me"-- requested forms online, called wrong departments, referred to wrong departments, given Doug his instructions on securing his documents needed from his employer (I need a special sticker on my chart for that and he probably needs a special sticker on his chart too when it gets done correctly), and paid money to any number of people.It also seems nothing is free anymore...everyone wants $5 or so dollars for their John Hancock and a few dollars for each page of copies. I'm in the wrong business. And in case you were wondering...the English teacher in me is having a coronary reading that run-on, fragmented, "It'd be a cold day somewhere South if I ever let my students write something like that" kind of sentence up there--but hey, it's a Thursday! It seems I recall proofreading and rewrites are banned on Thursday somewhere in the world--at least that's what one student had once tried to tell me. At the time I didn't believe him, but I can see where he's coming from now, and just perhaps, there is a place like that.

Annsley created a picture yesterday on her own. The house is where her baby brother is living right now in Russia. You will notice that there is a picture of her daddy, her mother, herself, and her new brother but no Kennedi. I asked her where Kennedi was. In true to form 5 year old logic, she replied, "Kennedi is in the house. She didn't want to wake up from her nap!"



By the way, we've been registered in Krasnoyarsk! Now the waiting begins...6-9 months from this point to receive our referral, but as our agency pointed out, they like to estimate on the long side. This region moves quickly for our agency, so it shouldn't be that long. Please continue to be in prayer for our little boy and the orphanage he is in.

And last but not least on my priorities, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOUG! He's the big 4-5. (Better him than me.) To go along with his new number, he has dropped 42 pounds since January. I'm happy for him...really I am...really...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, so happy you are registered, we are still waiting to have our homestudy done. It took forever to get it scheduled, but it is set for April 1st. I am sending in our I-600a tomorrow, even though we were told to wait. If I can get a just start I am going to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our son came from Krasnoyarsk! It's an interesting place. . .We've been home for almost 2 years (April 2008) but I still remember everything like we were just there. Any questions about the place, let us know!

    Stacy, Pat and Aidan

    ReplyDelete