I had meant to write about this months ago, but it didn't happen. Kinda like a lot of things around here these days! Anyway, we have our kids tithe any money they recieve. Annsley had racked up quite a bit from all her teeth falling out--we don't do the tooth fairy around here but Daddy supplies money and candy for teeth. (It's actually quite comical. He has her list on paper what she wants in exchange for her tooth. She write things like 5 quarters, 10 dimes, 11 pennies, sour gummy worms... Her chivalrous father has on more than one occasion made a 10:00PM run to the convenience store to get the "goods.")
She wanted to give her money to an orphanage in Russia. I asked her if she wanted to give it to an organization that helped families to adopt, but she was adamant about sending it directly to help orphans--actually Andrei's orphanage. I was rather leery about sending $$ directly to any Russian agency even if I could find the actual mailing address, but after searching a bit, I found this awesome organization whose donations go directly to the Russian orphans in a particular region. Although it wasn't Andrei's region, Annsley agreed. I had her write a letter explaining why she was wanting to donate her own money. Lisa, the president of FORO, wrote her a personal letter in return. I was amazed and honored that she would take the time to respond to my 7 year old daughter. Check it out when you have a moment!
Friends of Russian Orphans
A soft re-entry
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment