When Love Takes You In

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Moving On...

I write this last full blown entry with bittersweetness. I began this blog as a way to document our adoption journey for us, our extended family, and strangers as well. I have tried my best to be transparent with the adoption highs, lows, feelings of inadequacies, frustrations, and needing my wonderful God more than ever up front and center in my life. I have made many blogger friends, and I have so much enjoyed sharing in your journeys. But, it is time to move on for several reasons. One is to alleviate this self imposed pressure to get something up on this adoption blog at least weekly. Don't ask me where that perceived pressure comes from, but for whatever reason, it is there. Maybe it's because the adoption itself is over, and I'm having a hard time coming up with related things....Next, three children are making me reprioritize my day, and well, the thought right now of regularly blogging is making me tired! Third, I do have three children, and one of these days Annsley and Kennedi are going to notice that they have not had near as much "screen time" as their little brother. Fourth, I have lots of other things to write about besides just the next milestone Andrei makes. I have a ridiculously funny husband who makes me laugh and two beautiful daughters whom I need to introduce "out there". Our adoption journey is over and it is time to concentrate on becoming a family of 5, so it is a great time to transition to a family blog.

My original thoughts were to have two blogs--but who am I kidding??? I've been trying to blog on both for a while now, and I'm failing miserably. So, my plans are to update Andrei's pictures on this blog from time to time, and if anything really pertinent to adoption comes to the forefront, I'll post about that here. Other than that you can find me at Planted By the River. Feel free to visit although I'm not quite sure how exciting watching Annsley navigate our driveway's ditch using skiis and poles (IE: scrap wood and shovels) would be to those of you or reading tales about Kennedi's two imaginary friends, but we welcome you just the same. I will certainly be continuing to follow my blogger friends' continued journeys and watching your children grow. For those not venturing over to the family blog, I want to thank you all who commented and sent such support and encouragement throughout our entire adoption journey. You were/have been such a blessing to me!

Andrei's new best friend--Dog! (Not a fancy name, but it works!)
"Taggy!"  The "Don't Leave Your Crib Without It" severe attachment object.
Until next time! Dasvidaniya!

4 comments:

  1. I thought this was the break up post...glad to see it's just a transition post. I like the new blog because it turns the sisters into real people too, not just characters I made up in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our blog stayed in the adoption world, but I changed the name to Adventures with Aidan. . .the adoption was over and we were now on the rest of our lifetime adventures as a family of three!! Enjoy your family. . .See you on the flip side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've so enjoyed reading about your adoption journey! This blog will always serve as an Ebenezer of sorts that you made it out alive and blessed on the other side of adoption. Blessings to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelley,

    How much I have enjoyed and appreciated the comaraderie and support we have exchanged throughout our adoptions. It made all the difference to know other people who were going through the same sorts of things we were going through, at about the same time. I wish you and your family well, and look forward to checking in and saying "hey" from time to time.
    Take care,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete