Andrei will be turning 18 months old in 3 days! That.is.amazing!! He has become decidedly attached to his taggy blanket that up until now, we've been keeping it in his crib. Tears are now ensuing when we pick him up from the crib and leave the taggy. He's adopted a stuffed animal as well. Today he threw full blown temper tantrum in his high chair. He refused to eat his carrots today--not unusual as he usually refuses carrots. I handed him a fork, and you would have thought I gave the child the keys to the cotton candy factory. I helped him stab them on his fork, and he ate every single carrot! Yeah--we were needing some Vitamin A I'm sure. Meal was done. I took off his bib and removed the tray. And let the screaming begin. He wanted that fork. He wanted it now. I've never witnessed such an attachment to an utensil in such a short amount of time. It was truly amazing. No, I didn't give him the fork back. I refuse to reward a temper tantrum. Off to nap he went. He's now sleeping it off so to speak.
He is big into copy cat these days as well--particularly his closest in age sibling. That has some unfortunate consequences for him. One of the things that he has watched Kennedi do is use a step stool. He will now go get a basket or even one of his trucks and put it by the couch and use it to give himself a "lift." Yikes! Baby proofing now will need to be moved up about a foot or more. He's learned to open Annsley and Kennedi's bedroom door yesterday, (it has the lever door knob), so we bought a handle lock today at Babies R Us. We'll let his daddy install that thing tonight. You forget, and I mean really forget, just how busy and into everything a toddler is. I forgot. Shame on me!
We also had our 6 month post placement visit a few weeks ago. To think that we've been home with Andrei for nearly 6 months is crazy!
A soft re-entry
7 years ago


Sounds like he is really thriving and exploring!
ReplyDeleteBig milestones!!! 18 months old seems soooo long ago. . .and you're right! I forgot. . .already!!. . .that Aidan used to use his dump truck to climb up and to scoot along and do all kinds of things. That dump truck was his key to bigger and better things for about a year and a half! And a big milestone for you. . .only 3 more post placement visits to go! : )
ReplyDeleteIsn't it nuts that we are already working on our 6 month ppr? Even more nuts: my hubby and I are talking about doing it all over again!
ReplyDeleteLife is crazy and wonderful, isn't it?