Here is the "I'm Going to Russia and Adopt Travel Kit." Seeing that I've only made one international adoption run, all products are in excellent used condition and yours for a bargain basement price! The retail of all products combined would total over $175.
First up, what I would consider the "don't go to Russia to adopt without it" piece of equipment: the universal power adapter strip. The cord is fitted for Russia, so you don't even need an adapter to plug it into the wall. I paid $40 for it.
Teresa Keheller's adoption language kit. Well worth the $45 I paid. You will get the CD Rom, booklet with phonetical spelling, flash cards, and a language CD with court phrases.
BUT WAIT..... There's more...
Adapters with a cute little carrying case. I didn't end up using these since I had the power strip, but these would be great if you wanted to dry your hair and not stand next to the computer while your husband was trying to SKYPE. ($18)
If you've read the blog of our travels, you know that this little book got us our mustard among other things. Another travel essential!
I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING--IT CAN'T GET ANY BETTER--BUT WAIT--THERE'S MORE:
Russian Pimsleur CDs. Great for those wanting to really learn how to converse in Russian.
10 Steps to Successful International Adoption Workbook--unused. Parenting Your Internationally Adopted Child book.
AND JUST WHEN YOU DIDN'T THINK IT COULD GET ANY BETTER...
Focus on the Family CDs on adoption topics. I think there are about 8 or so total here. They range from Steven Curtis Chapman to just question and answers from their radio broadcast.

No, you're not going to pay $150, or even $100. No, you'll get all this for only $80 AND I'll throw in the shipping for free!
Focus on the Family CDs on adoption topics. I think there are about 8 or so total here. They range from Steven Curtis Chapman to just question and answers from their radio broadcast.
No, you're not going to pay $150, or even $100. No, you'll get all this for only $80 AND I'll throw in the shipping for free!
I will even throw in a very used copy of The Complete Book of International Adoption by Dawn Davenport if you want it. I would recommend that book to anyone adopting internationally.
Contact me by email and we can arrange payment and shipping details! This stuff is just sitting in a corner and not getting used, and at my age, I don't anticipate using it again (ha! ha!) so I'm making it available to anyone who would like to have it!


Great idea. Awesome resources for a steal. Sadly my adventure to Russia is over/I already own versions of most of those items. If you don't get it sold through the blog try a yahoo adoption group.
ReplyDelete