When Love Takes You In

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Trip 2, Day 18

Today started at 7:30 with our coordinator filling out the forms needed at the American Embassy. I really like our coordinator who is Sergei. He is not our agency's regular Moscow coordinator, but he is filling in for her. We leave the hotel about an hour later to head to Andrei's doctor's appointment which is needed to receive his visa. We see Dr. Boris. The first thing he says when he sees Andrei is he looks like he will be a Sumo wrestler when he grows up. He checks Andrei out in the buff. Doug says he heard him say that Andrei has two solid stones, but I didn't hear that at all, and I'm afraid to think in what connotation Doug is running toward with that comment. Dr. Boris left us with the advice of "These little ones find out very quickly that their crocodile tears will get you to pick them up, so if give in all the time you will be picking them up when he is 25!" Thank you Dr. Boris; we will note that great advice! :) We leave, drop Sergei off at the American Embassy, and our driver takes us to the supermarket where Doug buys Andrei enough food to last into next month. We have our Embassy appointment tomorrow at 11:30. Friday we are out of here! Even though Moscow is a much brighter place and I could have possibly stayed here for 16 days without about losing my mind, I am so ready to get home.

Here are some pictures from Krasnoyarsk, now that we are blessed with hi speed internet once again:
Here is the meat market. Notice the gloveless workers...
Here is the big ice slide in the ice sculpture park.
Doug going down the big ice slide on his back after trying to navigate it on his feet.
How we spent most of our time at the orphanage:
Beautiful smile!

5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! The doctor's comments (and Doug's interpretation) crack me up.

    Thank you for the scriptures this morning from Mark. They were exactly what I need to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! Thanks so much for posting! Andrei is going to be so much fun--he's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading your blog for a while. Congrats on making it to Moscow. We will be at the embassy tomorrow too so maybe we will see you there. We'll be the ones with two crying girls - they do not like new places....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love the picture of Doug sliding down! He is a beautiful little boy. We will leave Dr. Boris' comment for interpretation! He must be the only doctor that does those exams, I hear about him on every blog I read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha I like Dr. Boris, he came of our apartment for Oliver's check up. I'm pretty sure he says the same lines to everyone because our check up sounded exactly like you just wrote...
    -look at that Buddha belly
    -he will be an actor better then cooney if you respond to those crocodile tears
    -one, two, three...all the parts he needs

    ReplyDelete