When Love Takes You In

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Last Train Home

Every day for the past week Doug asks me the same question when he gets home in the afternoon, "Have we heard anything from our agency?" No Dear. Trust me, you'll be the first to know!

My girls decided to make their baby brother some pictures to decorate his wall with. I'll put them in a frame and hang them when we have his room ready. I am so thankful that they are so excited about adding a brother to our family--at least in theory right now!



I broke down, scratched the itch and did some shopping the other day for our little boy. Nothing too serious, and when I was in Kohl's the other day, I did manage to just give a sweeping glance at the glow of orange, blue, and green emitting from the infant boys 75% off clearance racks. Can clothes designers come up with anything other than those colors for boys????

Thanks to my sister, our little boy even has a few boy toys to play with. She graciously donated some her sons' baby toys, so now his dad doesn't need to be so concerned that he'll be playing with Barbie and making truck noises at the same time. I have serious doubts that he will be deficient in the area of "boy toys" anyway knowing the past history of his soon to be grandmas!


Our little boy now has these things in his repertoire...Sassy Poppin' Car (my girls both loved the one they had) and a new set of stacking cups as the ones the girls had are now filled with dirt for making mud pies.

This Taggie Lion hopefully will be left with our son at the orphanage on our first trip. My girls loved their taggie blankets, but this is the first "stuffed animal" taggie that I've seen. It's amazing the new stuff they've come out with since my girls were little!




This book was marked down to $4.99 at Hastings the other day. This is absolutely the cutest little book I think I've ever seen! Every page is interactive. It has a page with 4 tires that rotate and has a tire pressure gauge that you remove to check the tires. I has a page with the engine, and you pull tabs to check the oil. There is even a page that has a steering wheel that turns and a removable key to insert into the ignition. This one screams BOY! :)


This book is absolutely precious. I love the end of the book..."Little Fox was glad that he had a cozy home and good food and a mama who loved him very, very much. And he went to sleep dreaming about the day he came to the big woods...and first smelled his mama...and knew he was loved...and finally was home."
And finally was home...those words just hit me over the head when I read them. Our little boy is in this orphanage (a depot if you will) and waiting for the last train of his journey to take him home. Our home. The home God has designated for him to grow up and be loved in. The orphanage is simply a vehicle that God is using so we can "find" him and bring him home to rest. "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord. Thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 Isn't that an awesome thought?

3 comments:

  1. As you know, I LOVE that verse, and who knew 10 years ago this week that we would be cherishing it in this manner! I can't wait to read about the day you get your referral!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. it will happen when you least expect it!! I won't kid you though, Krasnoyarsk at this time of year is COLD and DARK!!! In fact, it is cold there in March/April, too! But, it's the most wonderful place in the world because our children are from there. . .

    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello strangers :) I came upon your blog as I cruise through the ones on line - I have walked your miles and came home with my son 4 months ago from Khabarovsk Krai. One little piece of advice? I love love love your lion (I had a million of them for my boy and left one for him between trips as well) my advice is, buy two of anything you plan on leaving behind. You never know what you will actually get back and if you don't... you have one at home anyway. For the record, I got everything back except the lion... he still has one... his "Mika" and I'm glad I bought two! Good luck on your journey - speedy hopes!
    Stacey (& Corbin my 3 year old)

    ReplyDelete