Today was a field trip to work on getting our state police clearance records. I had completely forgotten to take care of this before summer, and our caseworker reminded me of it the other day. I will have to say that one caveat of using a local agency would be the fact that they would know exactly who to call and where to go. I have no qualms with our agency, but being in Wyoming, they can't precisely tell me the info I need, just generalites.
The hunt for how to get our state police records began a few nights ago. I realized quickly that our local sheriff's office wasn't going to be the place to get it done. After talking with someone at DPS office in Austin, Doug was given a website to register for our fingerprints. It appears that Texas, in an effort to streamline the fingerprinting process and eliminate errors, has now "approved" fingerprint places scattered all over the state. I register us, and $50 later we have an appointment scheduled for this morning. I have no idea what I did, how I'm going to get these results, and how I'm going to get a signed and notarized letter out of it, so all that remains to be seen. Check back in a week.
Luckily, there was a L1 Enrollment place here in Amarillo to take our fingerprints, so we didn't have to drive far. It was a completely different set up than our USCIS fingerprint appointment. No "guard" was on duty at the door. It was a one woman show here. Actually, a just turned 21 year old girl who is celebrating her birthday by flying to Nebraska next week. It will be her first solo flight, and she's hoping she won't get lost in the airport. She's been doing this for 2 years now, so I feel confident that she did our fingerprints justice, but she could not help with the "what do we do now?" In fact, she said our agency would receive the record; well, that's not going to happen unless the DPS has ESP because I did not put our agency down when I made the online appointment. We each had our mug shots taken-- why I don't know--and we were out of there.
We have already had to correct our financial statement. Long story short, the financial statement now must be on CPA letterhead. I dreaded contacting our CPA again--what if he thought better about it and now decided it wasn't such a good idea after all to sign this seemingly impossible piece of paper???--but he graciously agreed to redo it for us. And, his notary is coming to Amarillo Friday to do some shopping, so she is bringing it for us to sign which is saving us a 1 1/2 hour drive to his office! Thank you, thank you!
We've put a donation link on the side of our blog. If fundraising makes you roll your eyes, please don't click on it! We only want happy hearts here! Please continue to pray for us and our little boy and join us in our excitement as we expand our family! But, if you or someone you know has said, "Hey, I've got a $100 bill here, I don't know what do with it, but I'm needing some tax deductions because I've made so much money already this year," guide them to our website if you would consider our adoption worthy of your giving!
A soft re-entry
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment