I got a letter yesterday from the USCIS requesting additional documents in order to process our I600A. One is a notarized statement from Doug about a 25 year old "indiscretion". The other involves our home study report. They want it to read "...recommends and approves us to adopt..." I read our report. It says, "...recommends that USCIS approve us to adopt." I don't know; it sounds like the same thing to me, but apparently not. I attempted to call, but our receipt is still invalid (see February 3 entry), so I emailed the Dallas office yesterday afternoon (which in itself required a small miracle to find the email address which is deeply hidden on their website) asking for clarification and really in the hopes that whomever would be checking on this would raise her own eyebrow and reply back, "Obviously someone working in this department is a nincompoop, and we won't waste anymore of your valuable time and money on this problem. Thank you for contacting the USCIS." Alas, the reply I received this morning confirmed what the snail mail letter said, so I contacted Jenna, our social worker. She said this was the 3rd one she has had to reword from the Dallas office, so it's obviously a new worker who is requesting it. Joy!
If there is some good news to report, after 3 attempts the USCIS has finally gotten our names correctly spelled. Let's just give a little shout out to this government run agency, shall we?
A soft re-entry
7 years ago


I feel your agony - not in adoption paperwork, but with the department of education. They had my paperwork sitting on their desk for TWO months before letting me know, oh, you left something out. Gee thanks! I love how efficient they are!
ReplyDeleteHey there, we just got an email back from the USCIS about Randy's "indiscretion" 15 years ago. What is it with guys and indiscrestions. :-) If you don't mind, can I ask you a few questions through email? ddenson@kc.rr.com
ReplyDelete