When Love Takes You In

Monday, February 15, 2010

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Still patiently waiting...We actually got our rough draft of the home study last Thursday. Other than a few corrections to our doctors' names, it looks good to me, but our opinion doesn't really count here. It reads like a giant bio of our lives, and I guess it needs to be worded a certain way for the USCIS and Russia to approve of it. Our adoption agency is reviewing it; hopefully we'll know something soon. I feel like a sprinter in the starting blocks...ears straining to pick up the slightest squeeze of the gun's trigger and every muscle tense--and yet you are saying to yourself, relax those finger tips...breathe...breathe... You are ready for the big show all dressed up in those shiny, new, silky what-were-they-thinking-when-they-made-those-underwear-looking-shorts but can't go anywhere until you hear the "pop" from the smoking gun! At least our gun has made its way out of its holster--I'll count my blessings for that.

On another note, it looks like Krasnoyarsk is having a heat wave! Whoo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment