When Love Takes You In

Monday, February 8, 2010

Which way did the bunny go?

OK, so I read yesterday's post and realized it was a real downer. Lo siento! [I am sorry--at least I think--it's been muchos anos since I've brought out the Latino language in me. Maybe I should be watching more of Dora the Explorer to renew my verbage!] I was probably just frustrated waiting on this home study. We are really at a stopping point until we receive it. I have all the applications, questionnaires, and obligation letters ready to go except for filling in the date for the home study approval. When we get that, we can get everything notarized and sent off to Austin to get apostilled. Then everything goes to Russia to get translated, and we get registered in Krasnoyarsk. I suppose I could be working on the things for our main dossier, but for whatever reason, I'm waiting until I get this first batch off to Austin before tackling that mountain of paperwork.

With my very limited knowledge of the Russian adoption process of course, I've come to the realization that there will be several milestones as we go. (In no particular order...)
  • Getting approved with our home study
  • Mini Dossier off to Russia
  • Receiving our referral (child)
  • Main Dossier off to Russia
  • Court Date
  • Receive I-171H from USCIS

I believe it's time to put a disclaimer in my writing. I am an English teacher by profession. (Maybe I shouldn't have said that as now you'll really be scrutinizing my writing!) I am off duty while typing on this blog. I've been reading some of my past posts, and I am appalled at the serious faux pas in syntax, usage and punctuation--not to mention all of the internal fragments! I always told my students, "Don't hand me junk that you slap down on paper and turn in!" If any of those students were to read this blog, I can see those 8th graders now putting their hands on their hips and letting out an "Uhhh!" You know the pose I'm talking about! Girls do it so much better than boys, but it has been known to take over the male temperament on occasion. That whole stance is really 6 steps completed so quickly after one another that to the untrained eye you think that it was all simultaneous. I know, I've watched my 3 year old do it already. Step 1, The draw of breath; Step 2, One heel swinging towards the other foot; Step 3, The opposite hip thrusting outward and slightly forward; Step 4, The hands grabbing both hips with thumbs around the back; Step 5, The furrowing of the brow in unison with the upward draw of one half of the mouth; Step 6, The exhale of a rather high pitched, "Uhhh!" This is an innate response children are born with I'm sure. I also believe that it is suppose to disappear as one matures into a productive young adult much like the tonic neck reflex (the fencing position) disappears in young infants. In fact, I'm sure of all these things because I know that Kennedi doesn't model her behavior after my own--I'm just positive about that! And yes, I know I just followed a little bunny trail...

On a positive note, our home study may not be ready, but I have everything ready to be mailed to our accountant. This in itself is a small miracle. I was checking the mailbox every day last week looking for those last 1099s and such to arrive. I've talked to more people than I care to admit, "Have you sent out your ....?" Usually I could care less. The later I file, the better. This may cause our accountant to have heart palpitations--hope he's been exercising. Adoption has spurred me onward!

2 comments:

  1. Gracelyn does that pose REALLY well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the depths of paperwork as well. Glad to find another blogger going though the same stuff.

    ReplyDelete